BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

July 3, 2009

Aloneness

I'm feeling very sad and alone right now. Usually I'm okay being alone. Usually I desire a few moments to be alone. Right now though, I am unhappy with my aloneness. My family is out of the country for a wedding that I was unable to attend due to the expense. My husband, his mother, and his stepmother have all gone to attend his brother's wedding. They left on Monday and will return on Sunday. I've handled this all pretty well until today. Today I am sad. I miss my family. I miss my husband. I often take for granted just how much I depend on his presence to keep me calm and sane. I sometimes forget that he is my anchor in a crazed world that demands far too much of me. Right now I just want him to be here with me so I won't have to be so alone.

I'm not real sure why the sadness has hit me so hard today. Perhaps it is because I am so tired from the demands from the girls. Usually there is somebody here to lean on when I feel overwhelmed by their neediness. When my husband is working, his mother and stepmother are always nearby to lend a hand. I don't usually spend so many consecutive days with both the girls. They typically have dates with one Grandma or the other, leaving me with a bit of time to recharge. Right now my emotional and physical stores are completely depleted.

I look forward to Sunday evening when they all come back home to me. I know the girls will be pleased, too.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sometimes it takes distance to really understand how much couples do depend on one another. This will be a good time for you to write him a letter and tell him how you are feeling. I think he would appreciate it when he returns to know that he was greatly missed:)

Becki said...

Hope you got through it all okay - everyone's home by now! :)

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Seek solace on Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Being alone at times is good so that you can reflect on your life and know just how much your husband mean to you. In the ultimate analysis, it is only God who can give us full security when the chips are down and we got nowhere else to go. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

jessel said...

hi gurl, thank you so much for all the info, right now my period started to disappear and the pain is not severe unlike yesterday..I have my IUD 5 months ago..I will take your advice that if my period will take longer than my normal duration, I will contact my doctor, thank you so much for your help, God bless.

jessel said...

hi gurl, thank you so much for all the info, right now my period started to disappear and the pain is not severe unlike yesterday..I have my IUD 5 months ago..I will take your advice that if my period will take longer than my normal duration, I will contact my doctor, thank you so much for your help, God bless.

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.