BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

July 27, 2009

Busy Me

This next week is going to be such an exciting time for me. I have so much going on.

First, I get to see my daughter and grandson tomorrow. It's a long drive, but I enjoy spending time with them so it is worth it.

This weekend is the South East Homeschool Expo. I'm going on Friday and Saturday. My mother-in-law is coming with me. My husband is not terribly interested in the chaos of conventions, so I invited his mom to come along instead. I've perused the class schedules and decided which sessions I want to sit in on and which speakers I plan to hit up for their class notes because I was unable to attend their session. What I'm really excited about, though, is the exhibits. All these companies come and set up booths with their products and services represented. Most of them give away FREE stuff. That's what I'm really all excited about. Of course, I've browsed the list of exhibitors and determined that there are a few that I want to learn more about. This is my very first home school convention, but I know that the key to success is having a plan and not allowing yourself to be overwhelmed by the sheer volume of people and events.

I can't leave it at the convention, though. My fun and excitement carries into next week, too. My friend Toni is coming to town on Monday and staying for three whole days. Granted, she has to work on Tuesday and Wednesday, but I'm picking her up at the airport on Monday and spending the evening with her. Then I'll be spending Tuesday evening with her, too. She'll get to spend time with me and my girls. I met Toni through blogging. She was one of my very first readers. She even trusted me enough to allow me to help her set up some of the things on her website, The Mind of a Mom. Well, it was at a different location back then... but still. I've got to cover my car in American flags so she'll know how to find me since we've never actually met in person. (Yes, Toni, I'm really going to have flags on my car... I promise...)

You might think that my fun stops when I return Toni to the airport on Wednesday. (at least I think I'm taking her back to the airport...)

Oh no!!! Not at all.

You see, Tuesday is our 6th wedding anniversary. Six long years of being married... (really - it has been six years since we said our vows - honest.) It's amazing to me to stop and think that we've really been married that long. It doesn't seem as though it could be possible. I have children to prove that it has, indeed, been a length of time. It doesn't feel like it, though. Randall and I have been together for eleven years already and married for six of those years. WOW!!!

(Don't worry, Toni. He's in court all week next week so he won't even get home until nearly 8:00 each night because he goes for a run after work.)

All that was to bring you to the weekend following my dear friend's departure.

Randall and I are going camping. We leave Thursday morning to head to the North Georgia mountains WITHOUT the girls.

YUP!!! Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday --- just us in a tent in the woods. Yippee!!!

The next two weeks are going to be so awesome!!!

0 comments: