BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

September 6, 2009

No Rest for the Weary

This week has been one hectic bit of time. First, Marisa got sick. As she is beginning to get better, now her big sister is sick. Not only is Kira sick, but she's more sick than Marisa was. Kira even makes a point to let me know that she is more pitiful and more sick than Marisa was. Even in sickness there is sibling competition. I find that to be quite amusing that the oldest wishes to be more sick than the youngest.

I was very blessed today when I had to get out of bed. My husband would have been spending the day in Atlanta today, but instead he decided to stay home with me because the girls are both sick. I would never have asked him to skip his plans since he was going to Dragon Con, and that is only once a year. He decided on his own, though, that he couldn't leave me home with two sick girls. He gets big kudos for that. I'm very glad that he didn't leave me to do it on my own, though I would have managed just fine. It's much easier with a bit of moral and physical support.

On a lighter note, I'm getting a whole bunch of hugs and snuggles from my girls. It seems that when they aren't feeling well they tend to want much more attention.

1 comments:

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Sometimes a mild sickness from one or two members of the family can be a wonderful source of beautiful bonding activities. Your girls sure know how to get the attention of their mom. And your husband has been so magnanimous to accompany you in taking care of your sick daughters. That's one bragging point for him. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.