BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

September 16, 2009

Rain Rain...

The weather here has been particularly dreary and rainy lately. As a result of all the moisture, we have mushrooms. I can walk through my yard and easily find a half a dozen different species of mushrooms. It would be quite nice if they were edible and I could harvest them for dinner. Perhaps I will go on a photo safari and take pictures of all the different mushrooms I find. I've been thinking of doing that for a couple of weeks now. I just haven't gotten around to it. I bet the girls would gladly join me for such a trip.

I'm still fascinated by the creation of something as simple as a mushroom. What purpose does the mushroom hold within the world? They come so quickly and fade away just as fast. Most people view them as a pest of the yard, an intruder that mars the beautiful landscape. I don't see them this way, though. I think they are beautiful. I love how they can cover the ground overnight without any warning. I love the variety and the colors. I was told by my daughter that her and her Daddy saw a bright orange mushroom in the woods over the weekend. I haven't seen one that's bright orange, yet. Our yard just has some of the basic white, grey, and brown 'shrooms.

I enjoy finding beauty in something that others see only as an ugly imperfection. It's far easier than you might think to see the beauty in the world around you.

3 comments:

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Rains produce mushrooms. Mushrooms are really very beautiful. I wish the mushrooms in your yard are all edible so you can eat them. Can you tell the poisonous from the edible ones? Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

Srinivas DMS said...

I was going through some other blog today and noticed a catepiller's image. It was taken in such a way that I almost hated myself for hating a caterpiller.

Just as you said, it the way we look at, no matter it a mushroom or gold biscuit. World is the way I look at.

One more thing I can say is that, I new guy who we never met is always cruel than our best friend. Does'nt this sound same.

Perception is the life. Nice post

John | English Wilderness said...

I love taking photos on mushrooms and toadstool. They add some colour into places that would otherwise be green and brown.

I'm rubbish at identifying them though. A few are easy to recognise, but I never risk eating them.