BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

May 20, 2009

Back when I was in High School, I made a list of quotes that I really loved. I stumbled across that list a while back and just want to share a few of these.

I will say this: I have no idea who said these things first. I was pretty young when I wrote this list and never considered writing down the speakers' names. So if you recognize the quote as coming from a specific person, please know that it is not my intent to leave out the credits - I just don't have the credits.

----

The right way to kill time is to work it to death.

Live every day as if it were the last.

Good manners are made of petty sacrifices.

Everything comes to those who hustle while they wait.

An effort a day keeps failure away.

Have you tried out your smile today?

The art of memory is the art of attention.

The best way to get even is to forget.

Are you a stumbling block or a stepping stone?

Speech is great, but silence is greater.

Checkbook: A book with an unhappy ending.

Desk: A wastebasket with drawers.

Ideas are funny - they don't work unless you do.

The best evidence of ability is accomplishment.

Never promise more than you can perform.

What isn't tried won't work.

Failure is the path of least persistence.

Everything starts as somebody's dream.

----

I hope you've enjoyed my trip down memory lane. I was about 17 or so when I wrote this list. It amazes me how much of this is still true. What amazes me more is that I - at the age of 17 - felt that these quotes were worthy of my attention.

0 comments: