BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

October 24, 2009

Kindred Spirits

Do you know that feeling you get when you come across a person that you just know will touch your life deeply?

Over the past two weeks, I've been blessed to become acquainted with two such persons. One person, I've known for sometime through the Internet but only just met in person today. I spent a few hours at her house with her kids. I was so surprised at how easily we fell into friendship without the usual jitters of meeting new people. (She's not even a little bit crazy like most of the new people I've met over the past couple of years... well, there was that incident with the exploding washing machine and the knives... but that's another story.)

My friend's little girl is, shall we say, a bit needy. The child wants to be held nonstop. I can sympathize with my friend because my youngest has times when all she wants is to be held held held. It can drive a woman over the edge, especially when there are things that need to be done. To my amazement Little Angel gladly allowed me to pick her up and hold her when her mother was occupied with cooking our lunch. I expected to be wholeheartedly rejected when I offered to pick the child up. Instead, I was embraced with acceptance and love. (Poor Kira was very unhappy about having to share HER Mommy... but we managed a solution that was acceptable to both girls.)

I sat for a long time rocking and singing to Little Angel as she sucked her thumb and cuddled her blanket. She was soaking up as much snuggles and attention as she could manage. I was hooked. (sigh)

I'll be making that hour long drive again in a very short two weeks so that I can spend more time with my new kindred spirit and her dear children. (They all cried when I left. I have no idea why. I'm not all that special as far as people go.) I know my friend will be looking forward to more relief from her demanding duties serving the diva of her house. She's probably already counting the days...

This was a good day. I am thankful for these new people that God is bringing into my life. I am uncertain of His reasons and their purpose, but I am still thankful.

0 comments: