BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

June 24, 2009

Simple Pleasures

As I wander through my days, I try hard to find at least a slight bit of joy in each bit of my life. There are certain things that I know will always bring me a touch of happiness. If I'm feeling particularly down on any given day, I know these things will brighten my world - if only for a moment. I thought I would share my list of simple pleasures. We all have a list such as this. Sometimes we just have to stop and recall what that list is.

Here is part of my list.

White roses

Giggles from my girls

A vase full of daisies

Chocolate chip ice cream - Mayfield...

Hugs from the special people in my life

Clear blue skies

A good book

Watching the birds nibble from our bird feeders

Doing something unexpected to make somebody else smile

Talking with a good friend

Petting my cats

Waking up with a little bundle of snuggly baby girls piled around me

Walking in the sunshine

A good kiss

Hot chocolate

9 comments:

Unknown said...

:)
That is exactly how one turns the pages...with positive thoughts and writings.

For me it is kayaking with the Dolphins ...the serenity of nature always has a way of balancing me out :)

Angela said...

Finding and appreciating those simple joys helps me too.
Thanks for sharing your list.

Take care:)

Unknown said...

that is a great list. we tend to take for granted the simple things that really do mean so much.

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hahaha, you remind me of Julie Andrews in The Sound of Music. Those are a few of your favorite things. And they never fail to always bring a smile on your face. Thanks for the feel good post. God bless you always.

Mom said...

Dorothy - I went swimming with dolphins once. That was cool. I also have been swimming with stingrays in the Caymans. THAT is an awesome experience that I can't wait to repeat with my girls.

Mel - I was singing that song to myself while I was writing my list.

janis said...

it's those simple things that matter the most :)

Meghann said...

Wonderful list! Those are always more important than 'things'. :D

abelle | Only in Silence said...

That reminds me . . . . . It's been a while since I have read a good book. Got to buy one! ;o)

Grace said...

Sometimes it's really important to just stop, take a break and enjoy these simple things. Fast paced modern life can ruin life itself without these simple pleasures